Thursday, November 20, 2008

I'm Back

Okay, so I haven't done any reviews in awhile. Give a sick pregnant lady a break! Plus it is hard to get them in with my lovely helper, Justin, awake. He would rather watch children's songs on YouTube. In preparation for the new baby we have moved Justin's bed into the computer room. It can be a bit tricky to get much computer work done now. Enough excuses though. My brother sent me a gift basket with foods to review. How ungrateful would I be if I didn't let him know how they come up?

Chocolate Creme Wafer Cookies rate a blue. The taste is rich and chocolaty, but parts of the wafer weren't completely moist (not sure how that is possible) and have a bit of a rough texture.

Seattle Chocolate Assorted Chocolate Truffles are a green. Yum! I enjoyed the texture better while chewing them to go down, but coming up the texture was fine and the taste just as delicious.

There are still other things for me to eat, puke, and review, but that is what I have so far. Note: Included in the basket was some smoked salmon. That I will not review. I don't want to eat it and definitely don't want it to come back up. Yuck! I don't like fish. My father has offered to take it off my hands. While he will enjoy eating it, he has no plans to puke it back up in order to rate it.

Oh, in case it isn't obvious, tootsie rolls and pink lemonade are a definite red no-no. If fact, pink lemonade in general is not so great coming back up. Halloween candy in general is a green. If you like it going down, you will probably enjoy it coming up, just chew well.

And now a little deviation from food reviews, but still puke related. The other day I was puking in a public restroom and remembered how much I hated having to do that in China. It is so nice to have a nice toilet instead of a hole in the ground. Puking (and peeing) in public restrooms in China and Japan can be difficult. When you squat it can be difficult to get up without losing your balance. Plus the up and down can make me nauseous and cause a vicious puke cycle. The smell in some of the toilets in China was pretty rank too. So, if you are puking your guts out and have a "normal" toilet, remember how lucky you are.

No comments: